HyFlex Video Assistant Resources
HyFlex video assistants film faculty during live classes for remote access, and support SPS instructional staff in maintaining live streams for hybrid instruction. Below are the expectations and requirements of a HyFlex video assistant:
- Communication: HyFlex video assistants communicate effectively and promptly. In addition, they are responsive to emails and all communications in order to collaborate with all HyFlex stakeholders.
- Classroom Etiquette: HyFlex video assistants are required to be attentive during class assignments. Phone usage during assignments, especially during camera operation, is prohibited.
- Professionalism: Professionalism is of uppermost importance in this role, particularly with our students and faculty.
- Adaptability: Adaptability is important to this role. We understand that issues occur in the classroom, specifically with technology (in class and video kits).
- Troubleshooting: Faculty and the Instructional Support staff rely on the Video Assistants to take the initiative to troubleshoot all issues with confidence.
- Compliance: Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines can result in the termination of the role.
- Required Training: Prior to the start of the semester, the student must comply with video kit training.
- Location: Must be comfortable working on campus for Spring 2021.