When courses are designed for an online environment, instructors have time to incorporate all of the design elements necessary for an effective online course. Remote teaching on the other hand, is undertaken for the sake of instructional continuity and instructors have had less time to consider all of the technical, logistical or pedagogical elements of the class. These resources will support you as you prepare to teach remotely, and are intended to make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Workshops and Training
This Calendly page has a list of all our workshop and training offerings. These include Zoom and Canvas training as well as workshops on topics such as Designing Effective Learning Experiences, Moving Assessments into the Online Space and Supporting Group Projects Online. You can also book a Zoom practice session or Office hours on the same page.
- Instructional Continuity (webinar deck)
- Get Ready to Teach Remotely (overview)
- Top tips for getting up to speed with remote instruction (handout)
- Guide to transitioning assessments to remote environments (detailed guide)
Logistics and Technology Guides
- Scheduling a New Zoom Meeting in Canvas (technical guide from Online Support)
- Preparing Your Remote Work Setup (logistics guide from SPS Tech)
- Remote Instruction Guide for Faculty (detailed guide from Online Support)
- Remote Learning Guide for Students (detailed guide from Online Support)
- Find more resources at Online Support Technology Guides page